Friday, January 19, 2018

Day 608

Better day.

Realized this morning that Sunday will make -twenty- months. That seems like a lot. Twenty month old humans are definitely mobile, have a vocabulary and are little _people_ with their own personalities.

Like a 20-month-old, my sobriety does better when it has nutritious food and enough rest. Ate dinner the moment I got home tonight and then had a little nap because it had been a long day with minor frustrations tacked in the end. If the mantra for the first two weeks of sober time is “treat yourself as if you had the flu” then the mantra for the first two years seems to be “treat yourself like a beloved niece or nephew of the same age.”

Tomorrow is Saturday which means that after walking the dogs I can go right back to bed if I feel like it...that’s always such an indulgent feeling. I’ve got butter out to soften for banana bread too. That will be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I hope your Saturday was good! We went ice skating today!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ice skating sounds fun! It was indeed a pretty good Saturday and I hope yours was too.
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete