Sunday, January 28, 2018

Day 617

Another weekend winds down. I don’t think about it consciously all that much but it is really nice to feel more or less the -same- for a whole weekend. No more up-and-down hungover/not hung over/sober/drunk roller coaster. Feeling good first thing in the morning is something I take completely for granted now and that’s a huge change for the good.

I write this in part because last night I -did- wake up at three-something...not hungover and thirsty with pounding heart and aching head but hungry. Very atypical. I suspect it was a combination of stress, eating too much junk food and being around smokers but in any case I had a muffin and went back to bed and woke up feeling the same as any other day which is not how up-at-three used to be.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I decided I was due for another treat so I ordered some fancy Hawaiian chocolate. I still have a tiny nugget from the last Hawaiian chocolate left which can now be a special indulgence for the short term since More is coming. I’ve also been very happy with my Day 600/20 month house slippers - they feel great.

We have two groceries in town and I usually go to the one with the good meat and discount on gasoline but today I went to the other one for everything -but- the meat and had a far better experience even though I had to make a second trip for meat. I think I’ll do that again next week. Not sure why I haven’t done it before, actually...I guess it’s another example of getting stuck in a rut and not breaking the cycle. In any case I got all the things needed for the week with far less aggravation than last week so I’m happy.

But now it’s bedtime.

6 comments:

  1. Middle of the night muffin - excellent idea! Glad all is going well for you. With love 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a good muffin: cinnamon sugar topping. :) Hope all is going well for you too!
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  2. Muffin was a good snack! Better than my chips or peanuts!! LOL
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I’m a big peanuts fan too...or almonds or cashews or pistachios for that matter!
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  3. O my downfall are children’s sweets, jelly snakes and such like, just had a bag, wish I didn’t! Wish I was the sort of person who chose raw carrot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were too! I totally indulged my sweet tooth for the first six months to a year which is probably why I didn’t lose one ounce of weight getting sober but it was totally worth it. Once I got past a year I started -gently- trying to improve my relationship with food.

      Delete