Friday, January 5, 2018

Day 594

Not a great day. Not at all.

Felt bad physically, walked right into having to fix other people’s ignorance at work, had more work than I expected and then one kid after another gave me grief. Then I found out a popular and well-loved teacher at my high school had a fatal heart attack this morning. Plus the weather just sucks.

But I got through it all and now I’m in my nice warm bed with the dog asleep next to me and I don’t plan to leave the house tomorrow at all.

Not once but several times today I thought about how, even in this hideous weather, I would have certainly made sure to hit the liquor store on the way home. Probably would have interpreted my sensible “once I get the car in the garage I am not about to go back out” as an excuse to get a little more than usual never mind that I wouldn’t have been going out again once I’d started drinking anyhow....except that’s not entirely true as once two of the three kids had driver’s licenses it was all too easy to have one of them drive so Spouse or I or both of us could sate that “More!” voice. Not very proud of that. Sure we always paid them but still.

As I said before: really glad to leave that carnival behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment