Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Day 634

Such an up and down day.

Started off okay enough but then I had bad work news followed by minor family drama. So I took a nice long walk at lunch and that helped as did my audiobook: a new-to-me Carl Hiaasen.

Got home and there was family drama from the Away Team and then family drama at home because Middle, after avoiding two separate deer, couldn't brake/avoid a third deer which darted in front of him and now his nice new car is banged up and he was totally beside himself.

Called the insurance company and it's going to be covered and we'll get a rental for the duration of the repairs but of course that was One More Thing painted atop a background of feeling unappreciated and unacknowledged. If I weren't so tired I'd still feel that way now, I think.

I don't mention it much as there's not a lot of help to be had for it but I get SO freaking tired of being the damned Maypole around which everything else gets braided. I remember when I was sixteen I wrote in my journal "of course I -want- to be the princess who gets carried off into the sunset and a new life by the prince on a white charger but I'll end up being the one slogging back to the wrecked castle with the pack pony and the wizard because someone's got to rebuild the damned thing."  I didn't realize then I was writing freaking _prophecy_.

But bed and a good night's sleep will help - it always does - and things might look better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment