Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Day 647

Got a lot done today and even went for my first walk in over a week. If it weren’t for all the family drama it would have been a really great day.

Did something unusually self-caring though: decided not to cook dinner. Got home hungry and tired so I ate before doing anything else which was good as that’s when the curtain opened on another scene in the family drama and troubles always go better on a full stomach. Then I thought I’d feel better about it after a shower but I still didn’t so I announced that either someone would have to choose a specific carry out meal or it was going to be Fend For Self and nobody was particularly hungry anyhow so Fend For Self it became. And I wasn’t even too physically tired to cook just emotionally put out...but it turned out to be a far better choice than chopping up a bunch of resentment along with the vegetables. 

Have a very tedious very mandatory 7:30 meeting tomorrow so it’s early to bed here. I have Annie Lamott’s _Small Victories: Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace_ though so it’s all good.

2 comments:

  1. Small moments of grace. I love it. I have never read her books, but i know she is so inspirational!
    I am really glad you didn't cook.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good book...and I’m glad I didn’t cook too.

      Hugs,
      S

      Delete