Monday, July 31, 2017

Day 437


Very emotional day.

Woke up okay but by 9am had a headache and a sick stomach surprisingly reminiscent of a hangover with the emotional rollercoaster that goes with it...very odd. Hadn't even had Motrin, ferpitysake. Assume it was either stress or sickness or both.

Another round of dryer repair.  Good news: no charge. Bad news: underlying issue is still having to move the vent which involves finding a reputable contractor which is damned near impossible. Sears -has- a service for this sort of thing but when I plugged in my zip code the robo-voice said they didn't offer that service in my area.  I cried.

Plus there were family issues; seems there always are.

But at least there was a good restaurant meal at the end of it all then I had some quality lie-on-the-couch do nothing time, followed by a small crying jag. Then I went about my evening tasks and had a hot flash. They don't take me AS much by surprise these days I guess.  I should probably make myself more allowances for this whole menopause thing; I seem to be just ignoring it and that's probably not the wisest thing. In fact that whole headache-sick-to-stomach thing felt just as much like morning sickness as a hangover, in retrospect...and went away for good after that nice evening meal which an actual illness probably wouldn't.

I'm orders of magnitude better than I used to be but there's still plenty of room to go on listening to and being nicer to my body.

For now it's bed with a good book; that's always a good step. And a moment to appreciate what a nice milestone nearly four hundred and forty days of continuous sobriety really is. It's become the new normal so much that apart from my nightly blog ritual I'm not sure I listen to that or give it enough credit either.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed and grateful for people like you who detail their journey.
    I have 20 journals by my bed and I have just never found a way to make writing a habit.
    It's interesting to read who do.
    Sorry about the dryer. That's tough one.and menopause. Sigh.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my daily writing ritual, however brief it is, is really helpful for me so I'm glad it's turned out to be helpful for others too. :)

    ReplyDelete