Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Day 439

Early bedtime for me.

Family all under one roof for the first time in Just Ages and although I'm totally glad it is happening as a concept the Actual Interactions were just getting too stressful.

I should stop right here and be proud of myself  for doing what I needed. I wasn't pissy or martyred or anything like that; just quietly excused myself rather than sitting there for the sake of being part of the group. Especially because everyone else was drinking. Usually that doesn't bother me a bit but tonight there was too much "aw do you -have- to do that" in my head and I don't want to be judgemental any more than anyone wants to be judged. They can have their fun their way but tonight it's better for me not to play along.

So I'm in bed marveling at how tomorrow will be 440 days. Pretty impressive. The emotional growth is slow like a tree but very worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam!
    Slow growth is still growth. And it is sturdy.
    That's how I feel, too!
    I still wish I could I figure out how to be an adult in friendships.
    I am still growing in that area!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete