Sunday, August 6, 2017

Day 443

I swear I might eventually suck less at it but I will never get used to this whole family dynamics thing. I grew up as the latchkey only child -of- an only child mother and a father who was estranged from his family so before their divorce it was just the three of us and after the divorce it was me, my crazy mother and her wacky parents. Period. Even for holidays.

Having so many people in the house is hard enough; how dare they have issues and agendas at odds with one another?!? I jest...mostly. I get that this is just how things are and can even intellectually realize that it's probably okay but I absolutely don't get it on any kind of emotional level. I have No. Freaking. Clue about anything sibling-related and not many clues about being long-term married as my parents were married in '63 and divorced in '75.

So it was a physically easy but emotionally hard day. Didn't get the laundry done that I wanted and to top it off I realized at 5pm that the drive-thru worker at 10am had never returned my credit card and when I went back the card was not in restaurant safe or any of the other places the (different of course) employee looked. So I had to call it in.

Maybe the week will be better. I sure hope so. Despite the driving test of Youngest tomorrow and an all day conference on Thursday.

Oh but I learned of a new game to play with the word-suggestion feature of smartphones. Type "my head is" then pick the center word till a complete sentence is done.  Like this: my head is so too cold for the first day of work. "My butt" also works: my butt is the best of the younger grandmothers.

But now sleep. It's an hour past the time I usually start going to sleep and I feel pretty wired still. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment