Sunday, August 27, 2017

Day 464

Up and down day.

Dog woke me up early and I was cranky at first but then realized I could get the grocery run done early. Good choice because I was able to reflect on how nice a sober Sunday morning really is - clear head, rested, stomach just fine...and grocery store almost entirely to myself. I needed something like that because lately I haven't wanted to drink but I -have- been sort of "it doesn't seem all that much different" about my sobriety. Which is, of course, totally untrue...EVERY thing is different. I mean it's good to have sobriety be the "new normal" to the point where it's ordinary rather than a Big Deal like it was in the first few months but it's just a function of my crankiness/fatigue/whatever to say it's no different.

Getting the groceries home and stowed before nine without even -thoughts- about headaches, thirst, dizziness or nausea - and having it seem normal - was a nice reminder of how far I've come.

The rest of the day -seemed- like "oh I played Warcraft all day; it was double experience weekend" but looking back I also did three loads of laundry, cleaned the most prominent kitchen surfaces and planned out the week's menus. That's not exactly goofing off.

Doing the early-to-bed-with-book thing again though - I need to keep things very mellow as it was only yesterday that I was all resentful. Less is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment