Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day 452

Bah.

The cat is totally fine and I'm very grateful for that.  The humans, on the other hand...well I'm grateful to have my family but at times it's all a bit much. Lots of drama over the telephone which was frustrating but then ABL decided to have a big ol' tantrum. Fun times.

Plus I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a new boss and that is a source of much tension as 1) I like the working relationship I have with my current boss and 2) the list of potential interim replacements is pretty vile.

So I have stress on the work front and even more stress on the home front. I suppose it isn't even surprising that my psoriasis is acting up. On the other hand I absolutely see how much better everything is with me -not- drinking...I was lying here thinking what it would be like if I were still a drinker and "oh gosh SO much worse" is such a big cloud of thought it's hard to pick out particular details...though I'm sure lots more arguing and lots more emotion would factor in.

Worse sleep too...not to mention that horrible emotionally drained "I want to crawl under a rock forever" feeling to go with the hangover. Don't miss any of that, not at all.

But speaking of sleep...it's that time.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to that hangover free life! I loved the way you described the gratitude of being sober. I need these reminders in my life! Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Another thing for which I am grateful is not missing or pining for the booze...at least not currently. I'm sure it will happen at some point but right now i think "gosh I'm glad I don't still drink" at least a couple times a week if not more. Hoping those thoughts will build a nice wall to keep out The Urge if/when it comes.

    ReplyDelete