Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Day 137 (still)

A better evening.

Spouse remotely guided me through something which fixed the internet which was a huge de-stressor    . Created a ridiculously easy but surprisingly tasty entree for myself (package of baked tofu diced into a bowl, add small jar slivered pimento, microwave till hot, stir in a generous tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and two of hoisin sauce - done) and that was a help too. Still out of sorts and achy and already in bed for the night but a good meal and a shower made things much less miserable.

Really making an effort not to criticize myself didn't hurt either. Seems like now that I don't have the drinking to use as a club to beat myself That Voice is trying to latch onto other things like food and exercise and use of free time...where did I get this asshole who shares my headspace?!!? Definitely need to change the terms of -that- lease...which is far easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. Try the mirror exercises of looking in the mirror and telling yourself you are awesome, deserving and worthy of happiness and peace.
    Repeat it for a while.
    It's powerful, and it helps retrain that inner voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will. That same inner voice has, of course, scoffed at "that mirror thing" for decades probably because it feels threatened.

      Delete