Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 145

A long day but...

...my vacation started after a really tedious meeting that was supposed to stop at 6 but ran on till 6:30.

Not a moment too soon as the stress was seriously catching up to me. Not only did I completely forget about last night's post but I damned near forgot to take my blood pressure medicine - was in bed and halfway to asleep before I remembered "duh, you take it at night now dumbass."

Yes I know I shouldn't call myself a dumbass. I'm working on it.

Yesterday's big realization was that the basement heater wasn't leaking after all though. Fortunately I realized this in time to cancel the service call. 

You would think I'd be elated or st least quietly happy but my biggest emotion right now is pissed the hell off and damned if I can figure why. Middle not only cleared the table but uncharacteristically did the dishes while I was in the shower because "you're on vacation, Mom." I almost started crying. My emotions are all over the place right now because then I went through a phase of anxious for no reason, a round of feeling bad that the -dog- will miss me and not understand where I went and am now, as mentioned before, mad for no reason. 

Maybe these are all the emotions I put off having in favor of Getting Shit Done in the previous weeks finally come home to roost. Maybe it's a brain tumor. (No I don't really think that.)

In any case I don't have to be back at work till the 25th which is absolutely mind-boggling to me. 




1 comment: