Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day 134

A good day.

Combined morning bakery run with a walk and it was nice. Fall is my favorite season.

Did more than half the things in my to-do list so felt pretty good about that too. 

Now if only I could get rid of this nasty back-of-thigh muscle cramp thing. Took a muscle relaxer just as I got into bed so am hoping to wake up without it.

Speaking of "wake up".... Today I was up for  the day at 6:50 and felt perfectly rested. It is just SO damned nice to do that on a Saturday morning. When you quit drinking you get so much time back.Some days - especially early on - that didn't seem so great since it was also time to -think- about stuff (ruminate, more like) and ghawdforbid feel stuff but now I'm just so happy to hit the ground -- well okay not running but definitely functional. None of this trying to figure out when I'll be "back to normal" again because I am -always- normal now. Well...always my regular sober functional self, anyhow. Better set that whole "normal" thing aside.






1 comment:

  1. I have missed your blog, I had to take a break from blogging for a bit. I envy you waking up naturally refreshed. I tend to wake up still feeling like I have been beaten. Still once up I am busy busy. I have let go of 'normal' I have never been normal by general standards and nor do I want to be ha ha. Glad you still blogging every day, well done you.

    ReplyDelete