Saturday, November 19, 2016

Day 183

Gah. Cranky day.

Too many dishes, not enough attention, no particular fun to be had and my damned leg/ankle still isn't all the way better. Irritable beyond words. Eating too much categorically, eating too many  carbs specifically but staying sober. Surprisingly although I'm edgy enough to chew neutron in I don't want to _drink_...I just want a life going entirely differently right now. I -really-hate- Thanksgiving and it has turned into THE household event of the whole frigging week as Eldest is doing all the cooking (at her strong request) and is making much of it. Which I could tolerate a lot better if I didn't know I had an afternoon of my unpleasant in-laws at the end of it all.

It's only Saturday night and I'm already looking forward to Monday. Sigh.

Much Later...

Nobody ever once said "gee I really regret not getting drunk and emotional." Had an up-close reminder why this sobriety thing is better. Wish I could do more to help because I have been on the other side of the street enough to feel plenty of empathy (along with annoyance; not that noble.) Hope time and the dawn of a new day both help.

Holding on tightly to that 203 number coming up. Not quite three weeks away now.

1 comment:

  1. Hold on tight.
    It will come up faster than you think!
    I am rooting for you!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete