Friday, February 24, 2017

Day 280

Another good day.

Work was light, there was unseasonably warm weather, Middle came for a visit, Eldest is getting her apartment cleared out and Youngest wants to come back home instead of continuing to stay with her grandmother. Chaos has lightened. Plus I'm taking a three day weekend.

That hokey thing on posters in the Seventies turned out to be true: if you love something set it free...if it comes back it is yours and if it doesn't it was never meant to be.

Of course life isn't ever totally perfect: a mouse died in the laundry room wall. That's ten days of ugh.   Note to self: buy more Glade candles.

What I've noticed lately is how much more _present_ I am in life these days. That's a really good feeling too.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have kids, but my sister has 6!
    Two sets of twins!
    They are all grown up now, but I know she would agree with you.
    Some keep coming back.
    Being present is so hard but so wonderful all at the same time!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup "hard but SO worth it" is sobriety in a nutshell. Six kids is impressive!

    ReplyDelete