Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 128

Today I wanted to drink.

I was in the passenger seat of the car so Youngest could have driving practice and I was hungry and tired and didn't want to be there but I'd promised. Boom! I am having such a stiff drink when this is done. Then I was all "Holy shit where did that come from?! You don't drink any more!!" Oh. Yeah. Right. Duh. Although my brain had already queued up an image of the nice icy glass in hand, first string sip sliding down befor I got to "yeah, right" and it still sounded like far too good an idea. Had to actually tell myself to stop romancing the drink because it would just make things worse not better. The feeling passed - not as quickly as I had hoped but still before the driving practice was over. I never really seriously considered acting on the feeling but I was surprised that after this long it could still hit so hard and in such a sneaky way. Bam.

I suppose it wasn't hugely sneaky given that the whole practice-driving thing is stressful and I was hungry and tired and although I had worked it out with the family member who hurt my feelings last night that was still pretty fresh...but of course I didn't see any of that at the time.

Came home and took a nap is what I did.  Then baked up the now-thawed leftover cookie dough from a few weeks back, ate a good five or six then took a second nap before making dinner.

Now I'm already in bed for the night.

1 comment: