Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 68

A much better day.

'Bout damned time, too.  Sure work was lighter overall, I had the last of this week's Unpleasant Meetings and my new library book was the right kind of escapist entertainment but it was mostly just me being in a better place, brain-chemistry-wise. Funny how that works.

Bought myself a prototype tie-dyed t-shirt from my favorite indie dyer too, that was a nice no-particular-reason gift to myself that I totally justified by realizing that this time around I've already saved about $600 not drinking.  Think I'll make it my official Day 70 treat and as it will be my new favorite sleep-shirt it will be a nice friendly reminder of how far I've come.  Particularly if I get another one in a different pattern for some other milestone date; that sounds like a good low-key but still effective way to avoid complacency.

Otherwise it's pretty uneventful this evening not so much on the actual real-world front as it's been uneventful most evenings (still working really hard at avoiding anything even hinting of overwhelm) but on the emotional front. It's early enough I think I'll make a quiche from the leftovers in the fridge...it may suck so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. Congrats on day 68! A x

    ReplyDelete