Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 69

A good day.

Full of crazy ups and downs and family drama but overall a good day.

The quiche is okay. Totally edible but a tad too much garlic powder (which I knew during the making as the bottle slipped) and I really should have wrapped the exposed crust and let it bake longer so the bottom crust would be more done. But it wasn't for s cooking show just me and I like it well enough.

Some of the family decided to respond to the drama with drinking - for just a flicker of a moment That Voice tried to say I should join them but it passed quickly and by a couple hours later I was glad I hadn't. The whole louder more emotional more repetitious thing started as a nice gentle reminder why keeping clear-headed was better and eventually morphed into full blown annoying...so I'm glad I don't do that any more. At not quite eight it felt like maybe missing out but by ten I was SO happy not to be any part of it.

So that's another helpful memory on the pile for future use.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for ignoring That Voice! Being clear headed is so much better. A x

    ReplyDelete