Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 42

A good day. No cravings or urges at all.

Spouse wanted to go out for lunch which we almost never do (seriously the last time was more than a year ago - usually it's carryout) so of course I was all over that even though it wasn't too far past my breakfast.  Yummy but talk about stuffed!  Day's worth of food and then some all by 12:30...which was fine. Hell, might even be part of why there were no cravings or urges - no room!

Seven weeks feels like both a long time and practically no time at all.  Also I can't help but think of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  'Nother couple blogs I follow got either taken down or turned private; I haven't been doing this long enough to know whether that's normal or not. Sending internet hugs regardless.

Off and on throughout the day I get ideas for potential blog posts but then when I get the keyboard time they vanish. Oh well...the important stuff will either linger or come back. One of the things which has been coming back is as I mentioned before: Sober is a way better place to be but it takes a while.  Like at least a month while.  Days 3 - 10 are really hard (so many past attempts died on the night of Days 3 or 4) and then 10 - 20 are still no cakewalk but somewhere between 3 and 5 weeks it starts seeming worth it. Also easier.

The thing to do now is to just keep reminding myself of that fact. The farther out I get the easier it is to become complacent and I know from past experience I must fight complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment