Thursday, March 1, 2018

Day 649

A better day. No big surprise there; yesterday set the bar awfully low.

Kind of impressed that I didn’t feel the urge to drink at all even though some of my bigger buttons were being pressed. That’s real progress and really heartwarming.

The family drama has me down and the impending snowstorm has me down so it’s not the least bit surprising that the stupid two-steps-forward-one-step-back sickness has been trying to win again. I swear my upper and middle respiratory system has been a battleground for practically a whole lunar cycle.

But I’m much better at knowing g how to push fluids and -let- myself take it easy. As I said to someone just the other day: we have to treat ourselves as well as we treat everyone else and that’s hard for a lot of us. It shouldn’t be but it is. I

2 comments:

  1. And in your case, you have a lot of people to look out for.
    I only have me and hubs.
    And he's super easy!!! LOL
    I am the hard one!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you’re never hard -here-!! :-)
    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete