Sunday, March 11, 2018

Day 659

Well for a completely out of shape 51-year-old I’m not doing too terribly badly. We had stupid Daylight Savings Time change in the night so although my body didn’t think I slept in the clock did. In any case I wasn’t too achy but I was way dumber than usual: forgot to close up the gas tank at the station (no big deal; the cap is attached - I think they all are now) and ended up going up and down almost every grocery aisle twice because I kept forgetting stuff on the list the first time down. Despite all that I still got home without one of the ingredients for tonight’s dinner and had to go back out but since I needed a couple things from the other grocery it wasn’t the end of the world.

Didn’t have energy to knit though, which was how I had thought I’d spend the day. Took a two-and-a-half hour nap instead which I just -never- do. But that’s not the end of the world either. I’m writing now, a good 2-3 hours earlier than usual, because I have no freaking idea when I will end up falling asleep although I have graduated from lying down on the couch to sitting in the recliner chair now that dinner is over.

Oh one other too-tired-to-be-smart moment: even though I’ve been thinking intermittently all weekend about how tomorrow is the monthly lunch with a couple of my colleagues and it’s my turn to pay I went ahead and assembled a salad to take for lunch tomorrow while I was doing dinner. Good thing it will keep...and that I done mind if the lettuce gets wilty as it’s already dressed.

The weather still has me down - I think it has everyone down. There’s a lot of snow on the ground already and we are due to get another 5 or so inched Tuesday plus “snow showers” here and there all the other days. We haven’t had a March this hard in a long time. But there’s no use arguing with the weather.

I found s box of popsicles when I was storing the grocery and they are the kind with jokes on the stick. What do you call a happy bunny rabbit?

A hop-timist.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha!
    I am SO over the winter too. We have a lot of snow on the ground, but temperatures closer to 40's now.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d gladly take forties!

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete