Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Day 655

It all caught up to me today. Weather, drama...I was down-down-down all morning and only slightly better in the afternoon. I babied myself though and reached out to friends by email and got through it.

Evening was a little better as my new yarn arrived so after dinner and two bowls of ice cream I played with that and listened to my audio book and chatted with Youngest. The gloom eventually lifted.

One good thing: I never once thought of drinking. The reflexive treatment of all problems with a hefty dose of ethanol seems to have largely faded. I don’t want to get complacent as it could rear its ugly head at any time, I’m sure ... but it today and that’s great.

Sleep is also great.

3 comments:

  1. It's encouraging to read you going with the flow of events, and not having the temptation of drinking. As you shared, "I never once thought of drinking." I'm holding on to believing that will be me one day. Day 655, I like that number a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, Lia! I have many many days I don't think of drinking when I am faced with a problem!
      xo
      Wendy

      Delete
  2. Wendy is right - it will come. It was hard for me at first because not only was booze -the- response to difficulty but there was a whole lot of "these are -exactly- the feelings I drank to avoid so NOW what am I gonna do?!?!" It took months to learn how to have feelings again :)

    ReplyDelete