Friday, March 2, 2018

Day 650

Wow. Six hundred and fifty days is a whole lotta days. If you had told me three years ago I’d have this much sobriety I would have looked at you with wistful confusion. It would have seemed entirely impossible...but here I am.

Tonight’s lesson was that alcohol added to family drama makes it much worse. In fact alcohol can create drama - of all kinds - all by itself. This isn’t a new lesson of course. I’m not big on trying to push my beliefs onto anyone else but  boy I see why AA people say “if you want what we’ve got then do what we do.”

I’m always happy I don’t drink any more but right now tonight I am _extremely_ happy I don’t drink any more. Just. So. Glad.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to read or comment on your blog for the longest time as you are a stark reminder of where I should be. My anger at myself I directed at you and every post I saw just cemented my resentment further, even though you had done NOTHING wrong. Somehow than has all gone now, burst like a bubble and I am sorry it ever was there in the first place.
    Well done you on staying on course and not getting pulled back into the alcohol fuelled family dramas. Well done on 650 days, that is a HUGE achievement and you should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good! There's room at this table for everybody no matter where they are in the journey. I absolutely understand where you were for so long as I felt the same way myself after the two failed attempts before this one - not sure now which blogs I gave up but I do remember those "I can't even look at that" feelings. I think it's all part of the process. Thanks so much for the kind words!
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  2. That’s great to hear. Congratulations on your 650 days. Awesome 🤗

    ReplyDelete