Saturday, March 17, 2018

Day 665

A good day. Slept in about half an hour which was enough to feel a bit indulgent but not so much as to throw off my schedule. Lunch was great- it really was the best Mexican food I’ve had in a long time - filling but not heavy. The chili relleno was -not-  batter-dipped, praise be and nothing was too salty. Probably lots of people would think it was all on the bland side but I expect everything could be  spiced up by request. I only like 1 on the 0-5 scale at Thai places so I was fine with it. Definitely will go again but next time I have lunch with this friend we are going to the Greek place as I’ve never been - I’m the only one in the family who likes it and I haven’t been to a Greek restaurant since I was in Chicago for an 8th grade field trip and the most memorable thing was the on-fire cheese because of the huge ugly-American production the adult chaperones made every time it was ordered which was a lot. It was good but I still recall being kinda mortified. In retrospect they were likely into the ourzo.

In any case it was a good time and I’m still full because of course we split a dessert: chimicheesecake which is kitschy as all get-out buy was tasty.

This evening I started my new knitting project even though the old one isn’t finished - which is rather uncharacteristic of me. I have a total of three other knitting projects and one crochet project all of which I put on hold to start the cardigan which is “the” project right now because I want to be able to wear it when I do my knitting cruise this fall...and I had planned on not doing anything else till it was done but hey, what the heck.

St Patrick’s Day is almost like New Years Eve for being happy about sobriety and a Saturday St Patrick’s Day is about as good as it gets. I got home around 3:30 and planned very specifically to not leave till morning because drunk driving is a thing. I suspect doing the shopping early will be particularly pleasant in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the Mexican food was good. Being of Mexican descent, I always wonder about Mexican food outside of So. California.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog last night, your comment soothe me in a way I needed. I did not drink!

    Have a great Sunday!! xo, ll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I’m so happy to read this!! Go you!! I was thinking of you as I was shopping this morning and hoping things got better.
      Hugs,
      S

      Delete