Friday, March 9, 2018

Day 657

This morning I was irritable and it was exacerbated by a really -stupid- work thing but I eventually got over it.

This evening’s big thing was starting a home improvement project: repainting the upstairs bathroom. Plan was to prep the walls tonight and it got done but boy I wasn’t ready for the difference ten years makes - that’s how long it’s been since I painted anything and even back then I was all “never doing this myself again ever!” Yeah well. I went slowly and took a nice long break in the middle and Youngest volunteered to help which I graciously accepted. 

Tomorrow I start painting and even if it looks not entirely terrific it will still be SO much better than what was there before that it should still turn out okay. 

This is yet another “brought to you by sobriety” event. Previously I wouldn’t have wanted to give up premium Friday night drinking time for real work. 

But now sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. The things you get done while sober. Prepping walls on a Friday night would definitely never happen in a drinking world.

    ReplyDelete