Monday, March 12, 2018

Day 660

I didn’t realize quite how much the day had worn me down till Youngest picked me up after my 5:30-6:30 meeting and immediately asked “what’s -wrong-?”  When I said “nothing” she told me I had looked -really- upset and angry standing there.

I reviewed my workday which had started with a couple of urgent but annoying issues followed by a nosebleed. The lunch for which it was my turn to treat wasn’t really much fun and my walk to the post office and back - only 25 minutes total - wore me out far more than usual both physically and also emotionally because the snow piled along the sidewalk was hip-high. Somewhere along the course of the day I had sprouted at least three new cold sores in my mouth plus a sore spot in my throat and the late meeting turned out to be totally useless. And it had just started to snow.

So yeah, the kid was right.

Once I got the car in the garage I ended up eating All The Carbs to an extent I haven’t done in ages but after that and a nice shower bath in the freshly painted bathroom I was doing a little better and it warmed my heart to hear Youngest and Middle actually laughing with one another...but I’m still pretty down both physically and emotionally. I know a fair bit of this is delayed effect from really pushing myself with the painting and another fair bit is the lousy weather. I also know it will eventually pass and that I should totally take care of myself in the interim but tonight I’m just so sick of all this Being Responsible stuff.



4 comments: