Thursday, March 8, 2018

Day 656


The day started rough - woke up to discover the dog had puked on the bed oh joy and that wasn't even the only rough thing - but got better as it progressed, largely because I allowed myself to do the barest minimum of everything. Big emotional stuff on top of bad weather (which fortunately wasn't -as- bad as predicted) was all catching up to me so it was time to close down the mountain.

Once I got home I didn't make dinner but did get the right gauge for my next sweater, which I can already tell is going to be more fun than the current one, so that's something to look forward to doing now that I'm starting to get tired of my current one. It's getting close to done though as sleeves go fast. Bought myself some more yarn just because it was pretty and on closeout at a really good price, too...but that's enough of that. I've never been much of a retail therapy kind of person but I can see how that could creep into someone's life if that someone had quit drinking and was working really hard on not doing the emotional-eating thing.

In any case things seem to be slowly calming down to baseline and about time, I say. But now I'm going to bed because I'm very close to finishing my audiobook.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, calming myself down is a biggie. Breathing, and telling myself somehow everything works out, one way or another. SO hard at times, and you have an extra lot on your plate.
    xo
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - learning to calm down is important but not altogether easy.

    ReplyDelete