Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Day 661

A much better day.

The weather is still vile - so much so that I actually changed the channel of the TV in the car shop’s waiting room because I simply could not stand another minute of the Weather Channel waxing orgasmic about how bad the snow in Massachusetts had become. However work was significantly better and I was even able to leave early. Flat-out planned to have ice cream for dinner which worked out well as the kids wanted breakfast for dinner and a waffle went just fine with ice cream. We got one of those six-inch round waffle irons as a supermarket promotional giveaway years ago and although I don’t break it out often it’s always a huge hit when I do so that was quite encouraging.

After dinner I situated myself on the couch and got to knit for the first time in almost a full week so that helped a lot too...and better still was that Youngest hung out and chatted a while. Things were going swimmingly till stupid family drama reared its head again. But I extricated myself as quickly as  feasible and just went the hell to bed...with more annoyance than upset which is progress. Just in the past week I’ve had some sort of inner shifting of - well, I don’t know what but the outcome is that I’m -starting- to be able to let stuff roll off my back rather than taking it all so seriously and personally. Which is good since my plate is quite full enough as-is — no room for other people’s stuff too.

The joke from tonight’s popsicle stick isn’t as good as the hop-timist but it’s similar: what do you call a sleeping Triceratops?  A dino-snore.















4 comments:

  1. Lol
    I’m sick of winter too. And spring fever is beginning to make everyone antsy. I’m taking lots of deep breaths.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes me too...when I remember, that is! :-)

      Delete
  2. All three of us live in the North. I want spring SO much!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, at this point I would settle for -less- winter! :-)

      Delete