Saturday, March 10, 2018

Day 658

Operation Bathroom Overhaul is done. Two coats of paint including the ceiling plus spray-painting the freestanding shelving unit. Took all damned day but for a totally out of shape de-conditioned 51 year old I did okay. New shower curtain and bath mats finished the look and everyone is much happier.

I made sure to take my Big Gun: real Bayer aspirin of”back and body” strength after each coat and took a warm bath after I was done but I suspect I will be achy anyhow. Worth it though - especially since it was a whole ten years ago that I announced I was too old to haul ass up and down a ladder painting any more.

Of course sobriety is behind all this - no way could I have done this project if I were still drinking. Well...probably I could but it would have taken the -whole- weekend, been more of a thrash and probably messier. As I was cleaning up after this paint job I actually found more old paint marks from the first re-paint a dozen or so years ago than I did from this time.

Didn’t even -think- of doing anything else today — let everyone fend for their own breakfast and lunch then got pizza for dinner...and I’m already in bed.

4 comments:

  1. The reward of finishing the project, is the project itself and the work you put towards it! Happy to know it came out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It’s not a particularly great job but it is -so- much nicer than what we had all been tolerating for so long before that everyone is very happy, myself included.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha I am laughing because I have just blogged about my last three days were spent redecorating my downstairs bathroom (actually more like renovating as I need to repair plaster and replace baseboards) Like you I noticed the less than perfect job I did last time and how I quit when it got too hard. Yes you will ache despite the meds, one night I got into bed and nearly cried with relief I was so sore.
    Well done you on a job well done. I still have maybe one full weekend's work left to do but knowing what a good start I have made makes me want to do it properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well done you too - will go read next! Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete