Saturday, March 24, 2018

Day 672

Not an awful day but not wonderful either. More long distance family drama, naturally. On the other hand the audio book I couldn’t keep renewing from the library (Commonwealth) was once again available so when I wasn’t getting phone calls or feed I g family or tending to pets I had something really nice for knitting - and I’m about half done with that second sleeve.

The booze thing is going great but the food thing isn’t going all that well. Too many sweets recently. Not binge-type amounts  and I’m doing pretty well with not eating -while- I’m upset but I’m still into the carbs in an emotionally driven way. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Bedtime now though - Saturday night or not, sleepy has hit with a vengeance.


4 comments:

  1. I sure have been struggling with food, myself. It seems I am ALWAYS hungry.
    Hope your Monday at work goes ok!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is hard. I hope your week goes well too!

      Hugs,
      S

      Delete
  2. Well at least you know you don't have to knit a third sleeve! And well done you on skipping the binge eating. I'm not exactly bingeing but definitely eating and drinking things I would not have touched before being sober - like fruit juices and pretzels before dinner as a substitute for my WineOClocking.
    I know all the advice is to go easy on yourself about food while giving up the booze, but just personally I have some doubts. Swapping one indulgence for another is starting to feel uncomfortable for me and I need to think about that some more. Always enjoy your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above, food is hard. It just is. I remember feeling in the first few months ”ohmahghawd, I’ve gone and totally just swapped the booze for candy” and having it exacerbated by “whatthehell is this gaining weight BS; isn’t quitting supposed to make you drop weight?” along with a whole lot of “well if Im fixing one problem I ought to be able to fix another” even when I -knew- that sort of stuff led to feeling overwhelmed and saying “to hell with all this” and drinking. It’s -really- easy to find clubs to best oneself with. I dealt with that by realizing that 1) it was still early days 2) even if I -did- just swap one bad habit for another I wasn’t waking up at 3am feeling like hell after eating cookies and ice cream and 3) it was just too much work to be having complicated okay/not okay food thoughts against the low-level power hum of “no booze? No booze. None? No.” I promised myself to not consider changing or limiting the food in any way for the first six months I’m sure lots of other people do lots of other things and I’m sure you’ll figure out your thing.

      Hugs,
      S


      Delete