Sunday, March 4, 2018

Day 652

Much calmer day.

There was a family get-together for Youngest but she and Spouse both let me opt out rather than having to deal with MiL and Aunt (MiL's older sister) which was a great boon. I claimed "have to work" and actually -was- in my office although it was just to websurf and knit. Which was delightful, actually...and so much better for my emotional well-being. Had I stayed my blood pressure would have gone sky-high and I would have been crabby the entire rest of the night. As it is, I'm calm and thinking about going to bed early. 

Part of self-care is -letting- others help you. For some of us that's harder than it looks.

2 comments:

  1. Web surfing and knitting in the office sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! And -so- much better than the alternative.

      Delete