Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Day 215

Seven months today. A new milestone.

I'd be a lot happier about it if I weren't still dealing with this opioid thing. Today was not a good day. Poor sleep with crazy dreams and body aches followed by an emotional rollercoaster of irritability and weepiness. All for a drug I didn't want in the first place and used as directed. So unfair. As was the fracture in the first place, actually...but life isn't fair.

I was SO right to take the sick days though...no way could I have had this day at the office. I guess that's a small goodness. Tomorrow should be better; that's another small goodness.

Don't think I'm going to have the strength -not- to go to MiL's after all though, no matter how appealing it sounds. Sure I'd like to do the selfish thing for a change but the months of emotional fallout from being the Bad Guy probably aren't worth it. She was laying it on thick to Middle just this afternoon how -much- she was looking forward to seeing me. Sigh. One of these years I really am going to go on s long tropical vacation instead of doing -any- of this Christmas/New Years stuff.

Still ...despite everything, seven months is pretty cool. Even if I can't appreciate it emotionally I can appreciate it intellectually.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY 7 MONTHS!
    I have a very low-key Christmas this year.
    It's different, but nice.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete